Books, Food & Music.
It was my reading week last week so I went to visit the folks, tagging along a suitcase full of books (homework). Spent the entire week eating everything from haleem to golda chingri (lobster?)--I was in heaven to say the least.
Went to LTH last night, because nothing tastes good after having your mom's cooking, to have some Chicken Tikka Masala. Aficionados of LTH will know that they have been renovating. Anyway, their new bathrooms have been completed and, good heavens, I have never seen such nice bathrooms in a brown establishment that has good food (i.e. not bland and exorbitantly priced)! They even had motion sensored soap dispensers! If the bathrooms are any indication the new LTH is going to be smashing, which can only mean a hike in prices and possibly a decrease in quality. Come to think of it the kulfi tasted kind of weird last night. Why couldn't they have just stayed the LTH we have come to love despite the waiters in purple menu-spouting T-shirts? Why?!
I've been asked to give accompaniment to a ghazal singer for a show in March called Toronto Sangeet 2005. I went to the first rehersal today. As is to be expected, the experience of giving accompaniment was very different to playing solo (which is what I'm used to) so I was quite flabbergasted most of the time. I don't know if it's something that I am comfortable with or can do. And if I can't do it properly I'd rather not do it. I've decided to go to the next rehersal and see how it goes before I decide what I'm going to do.

3 Comments:
so that's where u disappeared! living it up are u!? i went to this EXCELLENT indian restaurant yesterday - u HAVE to go there when u get here!!! it's called mondira - they give complimentary tetuler rosh, paati shapta and paan. They also bring a copper jug to wash your hands and stuff! and the paneerrrrrrrrr mmmmmmmmmmmmm! - sim
1:09 a.m.
I KNOW! the lth bathrooms are ektu beshi. leila insisted that i visit the washroom but i thought it was a prank remember the poor state of teh old ones. but jeye dude thotomoto kheye gesilam! hehe and did you notice the ladies' one has a meyeder nagrai on top of teh door and the cheleder one has cheleder nagrai. oh oh did you notice teh flat screen in the nappy changing area. we went and finished half teh bottle of baby lotion...:P
joy
4:29 p.m.
Sim - that sounds pretty neat! Too bad you're not going to be there when I finally end up making a trip to Dhaka :P (or maybe that's a good thing!)
Joy - dude, tell me about it. I noticed the nagras but I didn't notice the flatscreen! what do u mean, like a tv? ki ashchorjo! NOw I have to go back just to inspect the washroom. I want to see the guys one's inside too damnit!
6:04 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home