Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Oily Food Makes You Productive!

It's true, really! Let me explain. This weekend I went bowling, to the kitchen, and for breakfast at Iqbal. Friday was when we went bowling with the BSA but stuck mostly to ourselves as we were afrighted by the make-up laden, bling-bling donned, cheery-cheery first years. Gosh it seems only yesterday that that was us, but now that we have effectively taken over (one of my best buds being president and all,) we can comfortably take a back seat. The night ended with a visit to Jack Astor's after eons it seems, and finally trying out their new menu--I proceeded to consume about half a chicken all by myself *smacks fingers with a flourish*. Then we came back to our apartment which people have started referring to, simply, as "sherbourne". I made a pot-full of creamy-creamy strong tea (karak chai!) for everyone which we sipped with sighs as little ripples of pleasure ran up and down our backs, and played poker. It was my first time and for some reason I kept getting the same damnable (bad) cards every single time, and given my lack of skills at making poker faces, let's just say I didn't win.

On Saturday Momi and I made Desi-Chinese again. This time however, I made Sweet and Sour Prawn Balls which were exquisite! Got huge amounts of studying done and slept late. Sunday morning we woke up groggy-eyed around 10:30 and decided to go have Halwa-Puri at Iqbal for breakfast. Since it takes half an hour to get there and breakfast ends at 12, the residents of sherbourne and S ran like the dogs of hell were after them, got there in time, and had the most oiliest breakfast ever (uff, but it was good!). We didn't have "lunch" until 6 PM. Since then I've been studying. I have had the most productive weekend in a long time. See?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the many reasons I enjoy reading your blog is because you share my intense love for food. I can never get tired of reading about each dish/food item and the new restaurants.

--Ripa

10:45 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

thanks rips :D

12:58 p.m.

 
Blogger sadat shahriar said...

what do you mean by "gobgob" ?

4:36 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

Nothing in particular, actually. In fact, I've never really thought about it! It's just a remnant from my mIRC years I guess you could say--it used to be my nickname.

8:45 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home