I'm On my Way
For the first time in almost ten years I find myself learning grammar again. Oddly enough, it's quite exciting :D I am doing this to better understand the logic behind syntactical choices that I am required to know in order to one day become a kick-ass (copy)editor. As I go through the excercises designed to trick the novice editor, I find myself doing whoops when I figure out whether to add an apostrophy to possessive forms of certain proper nouns (how HOT does that sound?!), and clapping my hands with glee as I figure out whether to- or not-to hyphenate. *sigh* I"m such a happy little duck right now!
Anyhow, if you really love me you can get me these:
The Chicago Manual of Style
Canadian Oxford Dictionary
Eats Shoots and Leaves
Words Into Type

2 Comments:
I know exactly what you mean! I was at Adnan's place yesterday, and his brother has all these cool grammar books. I got so excited about it, I kept on pointing things out to Adnan and saying "You should read this, this is a really important rule!"
I take German, and we spend a lot of time in class discussing grammar. It's made me really appreciate the languages - both German and English - a lot more.
9:30 a.m.
It IS marvellous isn't it? *sighs happily*
11:12 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home