Lal Shari Re
Friday was fun, minus the migraine and sore throat. I was helping organize a Christopher Ondaatje Lecture on Postcolonial Art by Dr. Partha Mitter. I was surprised at the fact 80% of the audience was Bengali. It seems they are the only ones who ever come out to these events! I was also surprised at how centrally Dr. Mitter placed Robindronath Thakur in the primitivist movement considering he rarely is, but I guess it is to be expected - I mean, he is Bengali and it is Robindronath Thakur we're talking about after all :P
Then it was a hurried ride home, donning a Shari (rajasthani inspired, red, hand embroidered) and rushing to the show. I played Raag Des in Ektaal, and I think it went well. Which is saying a lot, given my current state of panick+stress and the unbelievable migraine I had that day, giving me none of the Surplus in Man that Robindronath talks about . Maybe I'll look into making this into an audioblog and post some samples of my stuff. The food was awful; have they heard of Salt? of Chilli? of Cooking School, for gods sake?!? This only made my headache worse. Saturday was spent studying, and at night Momi, Menin and I put on Mehndi (we finally got a good tube yay!). Sunday I spent with my parents, and they left this morning. Abbu gave me a lovely red scarf :D
Anyway, I have a quiz and presentation to prepare for tomorrow, and have barely done anything all day so off I go to immerse myself in Old English verbs *groan*.

1 Comments:
audio blog- brilliant idea! put up ur music samples asap! ipshita - write to me!!! ok?
sim
1:35 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home