Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Monday, January 03, 2005

I'm Ready!

Hello my lovelies! As usual, in order to prepare myself for the new semester I took it upon myself to redecorate. However, given that I have already tried all the combinations possible in my own bedroom, I thought - why not finally decorate our living room? Ever since Sarfraz and Jamshed moved out, it has quite frankly started looking like an astakoor as Ammu would say, but in other words - bad, real bad. SO. I spent about five hours throwing away stuff, cleaning, dusting, running to my bedroom from bugs (spawns of the devil #!@$). Finally, I tried about seven different positionings of our sofas (unknowingly donated by neighbours) and tables, and found a combination that I liked. I must say, it looks almost nice enough for us to entertain *jumps for joy*!

Well, as some of you may know I cannot eat Basmati rice, not because of some sadistic abstinence on my part mind you, but because I cannot. I simply can't - don't as me why - I like to say I am allergic. So after years of denial because I am the biggest bhetu (rice-lover) ever, and when you can't have Basmati why have rice at all, I have decided to have bread as a substitute (can you just hear my mother lamenting? "That's not real food! My poor baby! Aharrey!"). And since I am a stickler for authenticity when it comes to deshi-food, I have decided that I will not succumb to this "trend" of having pita bread - no siree! I shall make my rooti (flatbread?) at home. So I got myself a piri-beloon set (dude, I don't know how to translate this one; rolling pin and rolling... board? hehe :P) and a bag of ata (whole wheat flour) yesterday! :D Sometimes I am amazed at how domesticated I can be.

So here I am, on the eve of a new semester, at the start of a new year - and what are my resolutions you ask? Here they are, in order of importance/plausibility.

1. Build up stamina to do 2 hour riyaz daily by March.
2. Not be such a spoilt brat to S all the time.
3. Let S be a spoilt brat sometimes.
4. Be good to my parents, somehow make them proud of me.
5. Go to ALL my classes.
6. Get an internship this summer.
7. Get a job for remainder of summer.
8. Save money from above, to go to India and Bangladesh for Seema and Sabbir Bhaiya's weddings and Saptak Festival *swoons at mere thought and drools*.

Bring it, 2005!


2 Comments:

Blogger Rings said...

good luck with your resolutions..! SMILE!:D

1:38 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

thanks rings!

6:33 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home