Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me!

There is a strange lethargy in the air that belies the reality of Christmas being so near, but tonight brings the new moon. A piercing blast from celestial trumpets will herald a new beginning. ~ The Toronto Star

I turned 21 today! Yay. It has been a happnin' two days. Hamza and Shim celebrated their birthdays yesterday so we were off to Streetsville on the GO Train at 5 PM, after heated arguments in the rain over where to go from there, we ended up LaserQuesting. Making two teams of 5 people, we set off on a murderous rampage. While running around getting shot more than actually doing any real damage, I bumped into someone and my gun hit my mouth making me break my front tooth.

Okay, OKay, not break chip. Then it was a ride home, trying to feel sorry for myself on the eve of my birthday but failing miserably because of S and his antics. After hungrily gulping down a Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup [oddly satisfying] and a few birthday wishes at midnight, I went to bed not knowing what to expect on my big day - was it going to be a disaster?

Woke up, called a thousand dentists trying to find one that would give me an appointment today. Found one in Little Italy, ran there, and they stuck my original tooth back on :E (That's a toothy grin) Then we ran out of there racing to catch Mamma Mia, which we were 10 minutes late for. Had a hearty laugh (as much as I could with a swollen, anesthetized lip). Zoomed out of there and looked around for nourishment, popped into the first place we could find - Swiss chalet. Had an interesting Lunch/Supper trying to chew with one side of my mouth.

Came home to flowers, a teddy bear, and a lovely red shawl. Soon I'm heading out to watch Ocean's Twelve with a few buddies.

I thought it was going to be disastrous but my 21st has been one hell of an action-packed and amazing birthday. :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you! happy birthday dear ipshi! happy birthday to you!

dudeeeeee MUWAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS smooch! *lick* *slurp* *air kiss* *butterfly kisses* *raspberries* etc etc etc!

-sim

6:47 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ipshi!

You will get a huge hug the next time we meet. :)

--Ripa

8:17 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ipshi!

You will get a huge hug the next time we meet. :)

--Ripa

8:17 p.m.

 
Blogger Vega said...

Happy birthday Ipshi!
I'm glad you were able to get you tooth fixed right away and it didn't spoil your day.

6:12 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

Thanks for the wishes guys :)

8:34 a.m.

 
Blogger Michael P. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL I DONT KNOW!!!

Hey, I got a birthday joke.. you ready?

Whats worse then being a Canadian?
A FRENCH CANADIAN!!! har har har

9:04 a.m.

 
Blogger Ishtiaque Zico said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:18 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks ishtiaque :)

11:02 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

allah oops! i just deleted your comment (ishtiaque) instead of deleting my anonymous one. and I don't knwo how to put it back :S

11:04 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home