Shall I Compare Thee To A Summer's Day?
I have changed my mind.
I mean even though Hagar Shipley makes my blood boil, and I could do without the sodomization with bears as allegories for spiritual enlightenment, there's really something there - somewhere. Canadian Lietrature I mean.
I have decided: the dreary, mind-numbing, excruciating to read, "prairie fiction" everyone seems to get so excited about, it rocks my socks. I have decided that I adore the damn genre.
I love you Alice Munro! I want to worship you Sinclair Ross! Margaret Lawrence - can we make babies together? Maybe we can collaborate and write about some stone angels copulating with bears, or to make it more canadian - a moose!
(I just got my marks - I rocked on my Canadian Lit exam!!! :D)

4 Comments:
I"m glad you rocked on your Canadian Lit Exam.
Even the mere mention of the words 'Stone Angel' sends chills down my spine. I remember wanting to kill myself in high school b/c I had to read that book - it is the most boring book I have ever read!
Incidently, my best friend Nazick loves the book. But she is the only one I know who claims to 'love' it.
I've had doubts about her sanity since.
6:48 a.m.
I forgot to put my name under the post.
Ooopsies. :)
--Ripa
6:49 a.m.
Is "The Cure for Death by Lightning" Canadian? That was pretty good. For the most part, however, Canadian authors get published just because they are Canadian. This gives them the freedom to write books about nothing - the Seinfeld of literature, you might say, minus the humor.
7:25 a.m.
ripa i agree!
vega - it is canadian, although I've never read it - maybe, just maybe, someday in the distant future i will check it out sine you're recommending it :D i'm not completely against canadian lit mind; stephen leacock and mordecai richler i like a lot!
12:26 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home