Atleast He Saw Dead People, I Don't Even Know What "it" Is!
Both my roomies are out of town for a few days which meant I was home alone two nights ago. I am, what you might call, a little bit paranoid. So in order to ensure that not even a single one of the persons who spy on my very exciting life through high-powered binoculars from the neighbouring apartment buildings, and have my daily erratic schedule set down to some kind of brilliant pattern in order to foresee and plan for a break-in to our apartment aided with high-tech tools as seen in the movies to do all sorts of horrible things to me, I took the sofa and carefully positioned it in front of the main door to make their job as hard as possible just in case and somehow went to sleep.
I woke up in the middle of the night to hear a beeping sound from the living room, seeping in through the locked bedroom door. Outraged and mortified at this invasion, and even more so at the thought that this very well could be some high-skilled, sought-after killer who is being contacted on his pager or some hi-tech device by the mafia for another 'job', I sit in my room for 30 minutes, cell in hand, ready to run to the washroom, lock the door and dial 911 (I have very elaborate plans in case of very elaborate misfortunes that may take place). Then I realize that I forgot to put the living room phone in its cradle, so it is dying and making these creepy, fake-cheerful beeping noises. Too afraid to venture out of my bedroom I go back to sleep. In the morning, when there is light everywhere and all the villains of the world are hiding from it, I walk with airy steps to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. On the way, I notice to my horrified amazement that the phone is in its cradle. So either something else was beeping in the middle of the night - something horrible - or somebody besides me put the phone back.
I'm not going to think about it.
Later on the same day, I try to load this here blog so that I may do my "daily rounds" checking out peoples' blogs and stuff by conveniently clicking on the links you see on the right. I type "ipsitar.blogspot.com", hit enter, and it loads. However, it is not Ipshita's Blog at all but the Megasite for Bible Studies and Information. I think I have made a typo, so I recheck and retype, I load the page from bookmarks, I reload my browser, nothing works! Ipshita's blog has turned into some creepy bible spouting website trying to take over people's lives and computers! Did I mention that this also happened after the sun had set?
As you can see, my life is being taken over by some kind of unexplainable, other wordly force that is obviously evil as can be seen by it affinity to darkness. So I stayed over at a friend's last night, to try and shake it off, and don't even get me started on the weird creaking noises :(
PS - The Unfathomable Freaky Otherworlders are lying low for now; blog and phone are fine at the moment. But who knows for how long?

4 Comments:
Man, that sounds creepy. I prescribe you the triptych of Japanese horror: Ringu, Ringu 2, and Ringu 0: Birthday . And maybe throw in Audition and/or Dark Water just for the hell of it.
I'm just kidding of course (as befits my sarcastic bitch style)! Run for your life if you ever come across any of those movies. Anyway, have a lovely and scare-free 2005!
4:39 p.m.
Ohmygod, Just watching the trailer for The Ring had me trembling with fear, and I heard the Japanese ones are much scarier :S
8:19 a.m.
I don't want to laugh at your misery but I can't help asking this:
Why are you so cute? :)
--Ripa
10:07 a.m.
rips :P i am seriously very creeped out, cannot wait till roomie gets back tomorrow (yay)!!
4:37 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home