Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Chapli (Q)abob

Suffice to say that the past week has been the week from hell. Looking back though, I am amazed at how much work I got done. Third year has been my toughest year, no doubts about it. Yesterday, took a break from studying and went to dinner with a bunch of friends. Being the only bangali I was tempted even more to bust out with my broken Urdu, but I held back for fear of being laughed at. You see, I've got the vocabulary and word-orders down pat, but this whole gender thing is a mind bloggling bugger and a half! It is the precise reason I dropped French in grade 10. But alas, I've taken on this Urdu thing by choice.

I haven't been able to have breakfast or lunch today due to the huge meat intake from last night. We went to this brand spankin' new place in brown-town Mississauga called Tandoori Bazaar/Apna Pizza. It is a quaint little place on Terry Fox Run between Bristol and Eglinton. I liked it a lot, mainly because it lacks the usual gaudy decorations to be found in desi-restaurants, the service was very good (we tipped at a desi place for the first time!), and there was a lot of variety. Albiet being a Pakistani place, they serve all the usual Indian stuff (read: things with paneer). On top of that they have a take-out/Dhaba type thing going on to one side where they serve BEEF peperoni pizza (god - what has it been - eight years?), Shish Kabob pizza, Chicken Tikka Pizza, and various other delicacies. The prices were reasonble and the food was fresh and yummy. We feasted on three kinds of kabobs, scrumptuously soft naans and a zesty corriander chutney (which was also excellent). I had my first taste of Chapli Kabab and it tasted perfect to the novice (me) and the experts (the others).

I think I should become a food critic when I grow up.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg they open such a place right after I come here???but of course! *grr* heeheh yes i think u sohuld become a food critic that tries out different restaurants and if u like it, in addition to writing about the place, u will play a musical piece on your sitar! How's that for a brilliant career idea?

6:02 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg they open such a place right after I come here???but of course! *grr* heeheh yes i think u sohuld become a food critic that tries out different restaurants and if u like it, in addition to writing about the place, u will play a musical piece on your sitar! How's that for a brilliant career idea? - sim1

6:02 p.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

heheh sim :)
you'll be back soon don't worry!

6:25 p.m.

 
Blogger Tazzy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ipshita.

You absolutely must give me the address to this place that sells beef pepperoni pizza! I made my dad drive around in the rain while I nursed a migrane headache- all over the Bristol/Eglington/TerryFoxway neighbourhood....and couldn't find the place. :(
sniff. exact address please.

8:17 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

allah! are you sure you didn't see it? it was a part of a plaza, and it was called Tandoori Bazaar/Apna Pizza. I'll ask my friend who drove us there to give me the address hehe. sorry about that :)

8:36 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home