Dangerously Bordering on Adult-hood
Did you know that May 2nd marked my first year in publishing? Was it really a year ago that it all started?
Befitting the anniversary I landed one of my authors a spot on Breakfast Television. The life of a publicist is actually quite unglamorous most of the time, despite what movies will make you think--keeping track of reviews, making endless phone calls to media. But once in a while, when you get a hit (which is a huge deal for a children's author) it feels so, so good.
Just a year ago I was a lowly intern. And now I'm planning author tours and liaising with TV producers. When I feel very irritated at my dumb boss, I try and remind myself to count my lucky stars. People, I'm not even done school yet! Yeah, it bugs me sometimes that if I stick to publishing I'm never going to make a lot of money. But at the end of the day if I don't let office politics get to me (a skill I have yet to completely master) I can have a kickass time, which is far more important!
I have still not unpacked much at all. I put together my new dining table and that's about it. Sigh--it's such a mountaneous task I'mjust putting it off for as long as I can.

4 Comments:
hey - that's awesome :) and as for enver making a lot of money - i wonder how much JK Rowling's publicist makes now?
9:19 a.m.
Breakfast television! wow.
Wats the next step for a publicist?
9:41 a.m.
interesting:Dull get money girl this is just the ishtart:)
3:37 p.m.
poisha ashe, poisha jai, aitai life... if u need evidence of that always remember 1990...
11:33 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home