Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Friday, March 17, 2006

I think A Change, Would Do You Good

It is done. I found a place that's a 5 minute walk from the subway, on a a highly-lit and trafficked street (bloor), in an apartment building, and that fits my budget. This place always has waiting lists, and with no bachelor's available until June I decided to pay a teensy bit more and get a 1 bedroom apartment.

That's right. It doesn't get any grown-uppier than this.

I finally spoke to my mom yesterday, and as has been the case increasingly often these days, she surprised me. She was totally cool with it, (except she cried for a bit about how fast I was growing up etc.), she actually called me back at 11 pm just because she couldn't sleep as she was so excited, mostly because of what this means for me, but partly because now I can no longer make her stop buying me pots and pans and dishes when they're on crazy-sales. No, this is not an issue because we have the same taste except hers is better. Sigh--mom's are the greatest ever.

I faxed them my application about 5 minutes ago, and will be giving them my first/last months tomorrow. So this is it. I'm moving out; gonna be on my own.

OK. Can I gush now?

It is the CUTEST little apartment ever, ever, ever! It has the darlingest little kitchen, a cozy little living room with a balcony (I am ging to have so many BBQ parties this summer, just you wait. Somebody just has to buy me a BBQ grill ths'all) OK so the view is not going to be as great as my present one of the glittery Toronto skyline, but it's quite perfect. The occupants now have kept the place incredibly clean, which is great. Oh, and did I mention hardwood floors? Gosh--I am actually really excited!

Don't get me wrong. I'm really going to miss Momi and Menin. I'm going to miss the Sherbourne crew. I'm going to miss that part of my life. I'm probably not going to be able to sleep properly for 2 weeks, and check that the doors are locked 5 times before I go to bed. If you ask my roomies they will tell you about the very complicated forts I built to block the main entrance to our apartment when we first moved in, and this was when there was an apartment full of people.

It's strange that everyone I've asked about this has simply said "do it!" But I think you guys are right. I think I'm ready.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tazzy said...

Congratulations!!!
Thats so awesome.
I'll probably be asking you how much the rent is next time I see you....I'm thinking of getting a 1 bedroom...but will have to move out of part of town(too expensive) too do that I think.

Again congrats!
*showers BBQ grills, house plants, pot and pans * :D

12:26 p.m.

 
Blogger Asif said...

dang when I got my own place the first time all I thought about was cool got a place to shower, sleep and change... I don't remember things being this complicated. Ips you must have inherited this habit from my bro...

3:41 p.m.

 
Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

dude - describe the kitchen! aargh!!! i need my own place :D


congrats, hon! u ARE all grown up!!!

8:07 p.m.

 
Blogger Nabila said...

Congratulations! It sounds like an awesome place!

4:28 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

Thanks guys :) I'm *really* excited.

shimi - sure!

ab - i don't knwo what you're talking about! btw - u have to come and visit now.

sim - you'll js havta come see it, wont u :P

qeta thanks, i think so anyway!

10:07 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home