Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Why Don't I Just Become a Juggler?

I somehow thought that I would be able to pack everything I own this weekend. Well, let me tell you, that didn't happen.

I started with all the closets and never made it out really. For a change of pace I started on my bookshelves and, holy mother of god do I have too many books or what! After working in 3 publishing houses in the past year I've accumulated, aside frommy prized collection of fiction, an ecclectic mix of kids, health and non-fiction stuff. I was drowning in books yesterday. I've compiled two large boxes of books just to give away or to take to second hand bookstores. So far I've packed 5 boxes of books that I cannot bear to part with and I'm not even done yet. This is really getting out of hand.

Sigh. I've packed about 20 boxes in total this weekend. I move in 4 days, I still have so much left to do. I haven't even changed my address yet. I also, have yet to do my taxes.

*scream*

The good news is that my boss is away this week which means I am actually going to get some work done instead of running around all day with nothing to show for it. There's been a promotion in the works for a few weeks and I swear to god the bloody press release has been through 27 approvals from everyone, starting from the janitor to the author.

"Oh, how about we put a comma here".
"Do you think we should change the tone to reflect x or y"

NO I do not, I just want t get this bloody thing out the freaking door. Geez!

This seems to be a rather random post so let me tell you some good news. I started practising again. But only after Ustadji was terribly upset with me. And the worst kind of upset, which is not anger but sadness. So I have a wonderfully painful orangy-red gash on my finger--the signs of a new groove. How exciting!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i purged my shelves the other day as well, gave away two boxes of books to the mississauga library! :) it was difficult at first, but now my shelf has some breathing room!

hope ur packing goes well!!!!

-sim

9:31 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

giving away to the library! what a fabulous idea! I shall do just that. Thanks for the tip.

10:48 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ey Ipshita,

Good luck with the move and the rest, as you know I just went through that recently, it will all seem fine in just a few days... :)
Also if you ever perform around DC let me know, would love to come and listen to your play.

Nitu

10:46 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

nitu - thanks! I'm excited about the move but just stressed about how much work it entails. sigh.

Will keep you posted about DC :D

6:52 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

hey momi - u commented thrice!!
i'm going to miss you loads too. but you know u can always visit and we can make biryani together :D

6:54 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home