Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Done Deal

I have officially moved!

It took 8 trips because we're not old enough to rent a van/truck so all we had was a beautiful impala. It was a bit of an adventure moving my bed, the head-board didn't fit completely in the car, but to a casual onlooker it looked like the side doors were closed. So I sat on the ledge between the driver's and passenger's seats, held on to the door, hidden under a massive jacket, and we rode to the new place. I was giggling uncontrollably the whole way, which made it hard to stay still. It might've looked a little fishy to passerbys, but atleast we didn't get pulled over by a cop.

Never made it to IKEA or Canadian Tire. I semi set up the kitchen and put together my bed. I even made daal, bhat and deem bhaji for dinner yesterday. Everything else is still in boxes. I am really not looking forward to the unpacking, but can't wait till I've got everything organized and put away. SG came to see me and the new place yesterday. I hope to have some people over soon--doesn't feel like home until we break it in with a good adda.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nabila said...

Congratulations! When I moved last summer, I had to make three trips from Etobicoke to downtown Toronto, alone and by cab. That was a fun experience! If by fun, you mean stressful and damaging to various muscles in my body.

9:19 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

oh god! haha. My new place is a 5 minute walk from the old place, so I totally feel much better about the experience now.

9:37 a.m.

 
Blogger Tazzy said...

Congratulations! :D

1:03 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

daal bhat and dim bhajiiii, yummmyyyy, i am so having that tonight :)

1:44 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The actual moving is a hassle, the fun begins after everything is in the house.

Congrats!

--Ripa

6:52 p.m.

 
Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

adda and some good food :) woman u better cook again, and make it non-jhaal ish stuff ok?

10:32 p.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

thanks shimi! :D

Nitu, don't forget the lebu!!!

Ripa: looks like there's no end in sight! but I hope you're right--you probably are--you're a moving expert!

Sim: problematics problematics! [(c) SB]. How about moderate jhal? And I have no idea what i'd make for you. DesHi chinese khaba?

6:18 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home