Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

What's Worth Learning, Really?

Well what can I tell you? Every year I tell myself as March approaches that I will not let sitar make me go crazy but inevitably I always do.

We were at N's house having a little lunch party last Saturday when somehow SG and I convinced each other to go on an impromptu trip to Syracuse to catch a flute and sitar jugalbandi. I had my thesis paper to complete but I threw caution to the wind, we raced to my apartment to grab my passport (SG the fiend always carries hers--she's such a weirdo but I love her) and off we were.

I make S lose his hair.

It was an interesting night, expecially because the flutist is trained in karnatic or south indian classical music. So the mixing of the two musics was a bit distracting to me, but all the usual chokha-chokhi jokes with the tabla player and amongst ourselves that go on at every classical concert made for a really great night. Then it was off to Ustadji's hotel room to gobble up some yummy goat curry on make-shift plates (read boxes from the neighbouring Dunkin' Donuts!).

I had a really great time, but now I am stressing out about my school work. Sigh! I so cannot wait to be done with the mind-numbing rigidity of school.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whos SG

9:03 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

who're you? :P

9:04 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home