Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Swans on Cloud Nine

SSOT put together two Tsunami Relief Concerts this month, one in Ottawa which I didn't go to, and one in Toronto which took place this past Saturday. I stayed over at Seema's Friday night, and we gupshuped, watched Bride and Prejudice and hardly got any sleep. Let me just say that Jane Austen turned over in her grave and that Ashwarya Rai should go to acting school. The next day was spent practising, organizing things for the concert, recieving the Ottawa crew who were also going to be performing and having pizza. We started the show 30 minutes late. There were two French-Canadian Odissi dancers (cool innit?) who also performed at our show, they danced well and were very sweet people. I played a piece called Swans on Cloud Nine (I don't know who came up with that name) decoded: Raag Hansa Dhawani in Teental. It went well, all things considered, and was a good experience. Later, all the performers (there were about twenty of us) trekked over to Pradeep's house for an "after party" where we stuffed ourselves with yummy food, sat around his cozy fireplace with strong cups of tea at around 3 AM and had Suprya crack us up every few minutes with her jokes. One of the best ones being:

"How did one pizza slice tell the other pizza slice to move over?"
"Pizza, hut!"

I know it's old, but for some reason we couldn't stop laughing for half an hour at that one! The whole day was loads of fun, I think the concert served as a much-needed inspiration for all of us at SSOT. Pictures are on Seema's camera but will get them posted here as soon as I can!

It was our three year anniversary yesterday and given both of our extremely busy schedules night visits had to suffice. We'll be celebrating this weekend and plan on having lots of fun.

Third year ends in three weeks, and I am not ready to hand in my papers yet, or even accept the fact that I will be in my final year of university very, very soon. Next year is a big year for me because I'll be in that transitionary zone of being a student but looking for "real work" at the same time. Also, Siyam starts his MA this fall and we still don't know where he'll be going. Waterloo and Mac are the present options. Next year is going to be kind of a grown up year, which I am not looking forward to.

As the summer inches closer and closer I realize that this is the last summer, possibly in my life, that I can be a bum and not suffer too much for it since next summer I'll be job-hunting like crazy. So this summer, ideally, I want to work very few hours and invest a lot of time in music.

I keep saying things like, "I want to do this," or "I will do that," but will I really?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wut!? siyam is starting masterS? and u're going to ur final year? shit - I'm getting old!!!!!!

12:24 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:48 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

sim - yeah! innit scary? and no you are not getting old :P

neelkaak - It IS frustrating, this "what do I want to do with my life" thing. I have an intense need to have everything neatly planned out (even if it doesn't work out in the end) otherwise I start having nightmares etc hehe. I too think that without exploring, we can't achieve very much at all.

anywho - thanks a lot for visiting :)

6:50 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home