Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Ryerson's BSA Formal

The Ryerson BSA had a "formal" a few weeks back. Being something of a novelty for us Bongs, the tickets sold out in a flash but it pays to be best buds with UofT's BSA president. The organizers demanded that everybody incorporate red or pink into their attire, be it their sari, panjabi, or even nailpolish. After much deliberation, I decided on a blue cotton sari (my favourite kind, as you should know by now) with block print and embroidery that had nuances of red, complete with mateer-goyna or clay jewelry and red glass bangles. We also made Momi come along, and it was her first time in a sari (one of mine which I don't think I could ever pull off!) which she handled magnificently; I was proud that all my long lectures on the art of sari-wearing had paid off! It was a fun night, which ended with breaking it down on the dance floor to Bhangra and HipHop. It felt odd to realize that there were so many Bangali kids in the GTA that I had never seen before. We felt we knew everybody in Kuwait, and we did know quite a lot of people, and I guess migrating in a pack as we all did to Canada still makes me feel that way! Anywho, here are the pictures.


The Group

1 Comments:

Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

Happy family. happy blogging.

5:07 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home