Abstinence In The City
Two of my very close friends are going through major life changing events, and it all happened in the past few days. I am extremely happy for them, but incredibly sad as this means things have to 'change'. One of them has moved thousands of eons away with an exciting new job. The other is getting engaged this weekend to a great guy, with the possibility of also moving millions of galaxies away from me. I don't know what I'm going to do if they both end up being so far away from me, they're like my sex-in-the-city gal pals; I cannot imagine life without them in the same city.
This is also my first friend who is getting married, and I always thought that I would totally freak out when this happened, but I seem to be taking it in stride. Weird. Am I becoming jaded like all grown-up people? Or maybe it hasn't hit me yet - yes, that's what it is!

2 Comments:
I know how you feel Ipshi. The life changing scenarios are happening to people all around me too. I think we deal with it in a mixture of being jaded and in denial. Sometimes, when you are in the middle of knee deep work or just staring into space, you tell yourself, 'holy crap, he/she is married!!'
C'est la vie, we do become jaded - it's not such a bad thing, is it?
Congrats to your friend getting married.
--Ripa
7:02 a.m.
no where have i felt that more than here - everyone is married with CHILDREN! good lord!
miss you loads ipshi!!
and congrats to seema!
6:52 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home