Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Law, but Order?

My phupi is here with the Ministry of Law people from Bangladesh, because she's one of them. So I met the Minister yesterday (I forgot his name), and this really nice lady, Farhana, took all of us out for dinner to Lahore Tikka House (at my suggestion) where she and I took it upon ourselves to order up a feast! Once the food arrived, sizzling as it always does at LTH, I noticed to my horror at the act of blasphemy these people, who are supposed to be representing my country, were about to commit. Regaining my composure with lightning speed, I insructed all seven old goverment officials to put down their forks at once and dig into the food with their hands hehe :D Most of them listened, except this one guy in a suit. The minister conceded as well and said "It looks like Ms. Kamal is residing at this dinner table" and they all laughed like hyenas. I was then told I look like a cross between Princess Di and Munmun Sen, which I took to be a compliment. We joked, we laughed, talked about literature, music and food! All in all, great fun was had - and who would've thought? With all of them old fogeys!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chi, you are SO much better looking than Moon Moon Sen.

10:09 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

really? allah! now i have to see what she looks like... let me google her.

9:01 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home