Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Ode to Naan

Have you ever noticed that whenever I have something good to say, have had a blast somewhere, or am happy about something, it somehow involves food? And by food I mean things cooked with lots of salt, oil and morich (chilli)and various other eye-watering spices? *drools at the mere thought* It's weird innit?

Well here I go again... I took Siy to the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival at Massey Hall as a surprise, it wasn't an 'occassion' or anything. We have both just been really stressed out lately, and he has been the best pal over the past few weeks so this was a much deserved break for both of us. Anyhoomagoo, Russell Peters was the host and good heavens is he funny! On our way to the show, we picked up some Kabab-Rolls from Mehran Restaurant, and even though it sounded like an atrocious blend of east and west (I like my food traditional), they were REALLY good. Get this - they were made with *real* naan and NOT pita bread, what's more they were slathered with juicy things like raita and Chat Masala! So, it was basically like having Naan with Tandoori chicken, except more convenient (although I will admit it lacked that special kind of taste you get when you break the bread with your hands and squish the little chicken pieces, dip into raita and plop into your mouth, but you can't have everything for $3.99!). Not like the rip-off pita bread with almost-boiled chicken they try to pass off as real food at places like Tandoori Time! I cursed at myself for having spent two years in the city and never having tried them before.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have made my mouth water Ipshi!

You are such a good girlfriend for treating your man for no reason at all! If I ever decide to go the other way, I'm callin' on you. ;)

--Ripa

10:10 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

i'll be waiting *purrs* ;)

8:58 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home