For the love of god will this damnable heat ever let up? Apparently it was the hottest night in Toronto's recorded history (since 1840) last night. I think i developed sun stroke from the damn heat today. The first thing I did when I got home from work was to make myself a tall glass of lassi; it was refreshing but kept me cool for only about 30 seconds after I had gulped down the dregs. I've taken three showers today already. I am wearing the thinnest and most skin baring clothes I own, I have very short hair, and am not hairy (I have a theory that hairy people are warmer and smellier), yet I feel like I'm slowly being baked. I have two fans on full blast pointed straight at me, blowing out hot, humid, sticky air. I feel like I'm standing right in front of the back of an airconditioner.
I know I usually condemn airconditioning, but today, just today, I really need it.
Lots of developments in my personal life recently. In a snapshot, I've quit from my dream job, because unfortunately it also came with a nightmare boss. She was basically like Miranda Priestly except that she doesn't know anything. I am not even exaggerating, as I often do. She was really the boss from hell without any of the pizzazz. I'm going back to school full time as of this fall to finish my degree by December 2006 (hallelujah!). In just a few days I will once again be jobless, incurring even more debt, but baby I am so happy. I think I was starting to lose my mind with my insane schedule. Some would argue that I had, but don't listen to them. So that was it, my first brush with the big, bad, ugly old corporate world. Taking it positively, I'm excited about being done school a whole 6 months before projection, (did I mention not having my crazy schedule?), enjoying the luxuries of student life, and being able to devote more time to the things that matter.
For a couple of days I was very peeved at the progress (or lack thereof) I was making on sitar, because there's very little time I've been abel to devote to it (soon to change!), I yelled "damn it to hell!" and pushed myself without warming up first. I was on fire. No literally, my arms felt as though they might fall off from the pain but I just kept going like a lunatic. Bad, bad idea. So, uh, I've recently developed tendonitis, as often is the case for musicians, in both my arms. Taking it easy and building up my strength once again. Don't worry, this has happened to me before, I shall recover. Tempoary insanity takes over me from time to time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home