Hmm... the possibilities!
I think S has been worrying about me, with him going away and all. When he came to "visit" this weekend he did my laundry instead, despite my begging him not to. I even threw a tantrum but he just wouldn't listen. He also implored me to make a grocery list "for the month" and when I became incredulous he got all mad at me and put together a list himself and stocked up my fridge. I really tried to stop him; but I can't argue when he gets all determined like that. Sometimes he even does sweet things like take the tops of green chilies because then they stay fresh longer in the fridge and I'll be pleasantly surprised one day while cooking. It's weird, I don't expect a guy to do things like that. What does he get out of it? I don't know if it's because he thinks I can't take care of myself--I can. I really think he spoils me.
He left yesterday, the weather was befittingly gloomy. I was sad of course. But for some reason I can't seem to dwell on the fact that I'm going to be missing him like crazy for the next few weeks, it's almost overshadowed by my feeling SO excited for him. He'll be with his buds in London for about a week and then off to Pakistan for crazy shopping (I gave him a long list), time with family, and three classical music concerts (not to mention the kababs, biryanis, nihari and the works). I'm really not trying to sound benevolent here; I was sure of being, and was quite determined to be, quite miserable so this happiness I'm feeling is kind of unexpected. He's going to be writing to me in a travel journal for the next 5 weeks, and I get to read up on all the fun upon his return. I'm totally living vicariously through him.
It never really feels like I'm living on my own because we spend so much time together. I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks, a single, twenty-something, in the big city--all by herself. I wonder what I'll get up to.

3 Comments:
enjoy yourself koro... erokom chance ar life e na o ashte pare ;)
11:45 a.m.
*huwink* ;)
3:23 p.m.
I can so relate to you...as you know about my long distance situation, but that has come to an end almost...finally...all i can say is, yes it really does suck but by the end of it you and your relationship will be much stornger...sorry I sound like a total "boro apu" type :)
10:01 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home