Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Magical Men in Nailpolish

As some of you will know, the newest Harry Potter movie came out recently. Being a proud participant of pottermania I even paid the extra dispensing fee to buy my tickets online, to ensure a spot for myself. Paramount had 13 screenings on Friday night, and all of them were sold out when we got there!

Brendan Gleeson as Mad Eye Moody was excellent; his comic timing was perfect. More importantly, due to my well-known fetish of men in eyeliner and nailpolish I ofcourse was very excited to see Ralph Fiennes' excellent take on He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Although I loved the movie, I think everybody is going to be saying that if you hadn't read the brick of a book, you probably wouldn't get half of what was going on, let alone enjoy it.

14 Comments:

Blogger mezba said...

We showed up at 9 to get the 10 o'clock show at Paramount downtown, and all shows were sold out till 1135, which is when we ended up going. Ether did make some comment about people having no life on Sat night or what, and Tauhid did reply with a comeback about people in glass houses, but a lot of people seemed to have given up a night of clubbing for this movie. There was a show when WE came out for goodness' sake, and it was full!!!

1:01 p.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

yup, that's where we went too. shoulda bought 'em online! muahahaha

1:19 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heehhe i bought my ticket 3 days earlier....saw it on opening night, lined up early to get good seats...*sigh* i wish i were 16 again...

gawd i love harry potter.

2:57 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and i loved ralph fiennes - finally! i've never really understood his appeal (hated english patient, and barely made it through that jlo movie....but here!!! damn!)

2:58 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"m not much of a Potter fan. I haven't read the books but I did see the first movie (and maybe the second one too, I don't remember). I already got the "I"m so disappointed Ripa apu" line from Mimosa, so don't start on me. :)

I might watch this one for Ralph F. but I"ll have no idea what's going on.

--Ripa

6:24 a.m.

 
Blogger Asif said...

I dont like the new Dumbledore...

10:06 a.m.

 
Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

heheh my sister is too much, rips. i just realized the other day that she calls all of u guys APU, and with me, it's jsut SIMIKA (usually yelled out, for some reason she's always irritated when tlaking to me...)

but ipshi, see if u can't convince ripa to actually read the books??:)

oh and i don't like the new dumbledore too much either - he's sooo energetic. Not serene at all! :(

10:09 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

Ripa, there is no poin tin watching the movies unless you've read the books. i'm sure you're heard this already but--seriously--you don't knwo what you're missing. please read it, for me, as my birthday present.

I didn't like the new dumbledore either he has absolutely no depth. he's supposed to be this quirky, eccentric, wise little wizard with half-moon spectackles and look at what they've made of him! Michael Gambon had although not done a superb job, was atleast more believable...

11:11 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ipsh n' Sims: this is really unfair. You cannot ask me to read all the Potter books. Don't you guys know by now that I have no imagination!?

--Ripa

1:49 p.m.

 
Blogger Asif said...

ips FYI Michael Gambon is the guy playing the new Dumbledore... :)

THe new dumbledore is wayy too hyper. I hated the way he shouted out Harry Potter's name when the goblet spits out ummm his name... Also the way he lynches at Potter when they all meet in his office to discuss if Harry can be on the show...

3:15 p.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

what! are you sure?

*rechecks IMDB*

6:30 a.m.

 
Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

Richard Harris is the original Dumbledore (in the first two movies).

8:00 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

OK, that's it! It's getting overly crowded with smartypants here in *my* blog! :P

9:00 a.m.

 
Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

heh i had to write a comment to make sure it was 14 comments and not 13 (superstitous me!)

ipshi - i'm so stressed!!!! hey what was the last dessert thing u made??

6:17 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home