Hello Yellow Brick Road!
I know, I know. I've been bad. But I'm back now :) A lot of things have been up; school's done and I have a month until my first and only exam so I'm having a blast right now, so that's what I've been up to. The most exciting thing that's happened is that I got an internship with Tundra Books at McClelland and Stewart Ltd., which I'm terribly excited about.
Most people do these kinds of internships after they're done school, and since they virtually pay nothing, that's kind of a hard thing to do when you're trying to pay for rent, student loans, and food, which is why I really wanted to do one this summer. And since an internship is the only way to get your foot into the publishing industry, I'm feeling a little less anxious about graduating next year because I feel as though atleast now I have hope!
Anyhow, let me tell you more about the internship. I got an unexpected phone call from Tundra yesterday in the middle of my riyaz. Being as flabbergasted as I was, I stupidly agreed to an interview that would take place 2 hours later. Hung up and cursed at myself for not making up an excuse to have the interview atleast on the next day! Anyhow, so I frantically did some preparation for the interview, tried to find the one pair of dress-pants that I own only to realize that they were dirty. Cursed at myself again for not having delayed the interview. Wore some other pants that could be deemed "dressy casual" and zoomed to Mclelland and Stewart House. The ninth floor greeted me with posters of Munro, Atwood, and many other well known authors. And oh, did I mention the shelves and shevles of books that were on display? Can you imagine the state of happinesss and fright I was in. The only thoughts that were running through my head were "Oh my god, what if I get it? I'll just die!" and "Oh my god, what if I don't get it? I'll kill myself."
For my interview I was led to the Tundra Books section where I was greeted with yellow walls (meant to resemble the yellow brick road I was told) and quaint posters of children's books--oh, did I mention they publish the children's books for M&S? Had a pleasant interview; the two ladies who interviewed me where really very nice. One of them even helped me with my coat and told me I was stylish (that's a first!). They barely asked me any questions which, when I got home, bothered me a lot and made me think they disliked me so much they didn't even want to bother with questions (but then why were they so nice?) was I being played? Was I dreaming? I got on my roomies' nerves wailing about how I could have given an awesome interview, how this seemed like the best internship in the history of mankind, how I could have kicked ass in it because I'm just dying to learn more about this industry, how I was so devastated at never seeing those beautiful yellow walls again.
Had a sleepless night. Woke up to realize that I did not even want to go to this other interview I had today because my heart was already with Tundra Books.
While I was grudgingly preparing for the interview They called me. And I was ecstatic. And I've been jumping around with joy for the past little while, yelling and crying tears of joy on the phone. (Oh, and I cancelled my other interview, hehe.)
I'm so incredibly happy and excited you guys :)

8 Comments:
Congratulations!
And also, Lucky You! Only one exam and it's a month from now!
This is why science students hate arts students. ^_^
6:04 a.m.
IPSHI! my little hunny bunn - *SLURP* i can't begin to tell u how proud i am of u!!!! and how incredibly happy!!!!!!!
HUGZ!!!!!
my goodness - CONGRATULATIONS U BRILLIANT INSPIRATION TO ME, YOU!
12:12 a.m.
Vega thanks! Well, I did have in class exams/papers due in the last week which was killer... so maybe I've earned it! :DDD
Sim - thanks man :) I know you understand what this means to me! Can't wait to meet up woman - when are you back, do you know a specific date yet?
8:35 a.m.
Congratulations Ipshita!
Thats awesome news :)
Shimi
9:21 a.m.
thanks shimi :D
9:27 a.m.
Congratulations Ipshi, I'm happy for you!
--Ripa
4:13 p.m.
Way to go woman.
I just realized your blogger page looks a little (just a tad) better than my LJ page.
This shall be rectified.
-shim
3:34 p.m.
muahahahhaha :D
12:28 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home