Naach Moyuri Naachey Ray
BSA's annual cultural show, entitled Oboshoray took place last night at the Al Green Theatre. This year's venue had a capacity of 285, which caused a lot of ruckus. Some people even went to the trouble of making counterfeit tickets--who knew people loved our shows so much?
Compared to previous years, my invovlement was very minimal this year. I only took part in our famed (because we are brave enough to take on the task of teaching bangali guys how to dance) group dance.
Our Dance

You can't see the guys in this picture though, sorry.
Since the show's theme was that a couple was watching tv, and all the acts on stage were the shows they were viewing we decided to fashion our dance into a kind of mini-movie. The music to ou dance comprised sections of four songs, She Je Kano Elo Na, Hey Sweet, Aaj Mon Cheyechhay, and Amar Gorur Gari with small skits with cheesy lines in between. A regular Bollywood-Dhaliwood type movie--perfect, don't you think? I think people loved us 'coz we got huge cheers.
One of the nicest parts about doing the show this year was hat we had proper dressing rooms, and food for the famished performers (a first for BSA ever since I've been a part of it).
In the Dressing Room

While seeing our audience out most of us just took pictures with each other and patted eachother on the back. Momi took most of the pics (thanks yaar).
Momi and I

March has been a busy and fun month--look at how many pictures we've been taking! From today until April 7th I have to stay at home and study; only taking breaks to cook yummy things.
Oh, uh. From tomorrow until April 7th I mean. We're having a poker party tonight--it's going to help me study, I promise.)

6 Comments:
1. you look beautiful in the pictures
2. I'm so frigginjealous!
3. I want to come homeeeeeee.
-sim
6:09 p.m.
Great show :D
'Prember pakhi- power of love' lol had to be one of the best items:)
Loved the coordinated flying saree-achol entry!
9:34 a.m.
Hey sim - you're only a few days away from suburban utopia my love. SO don't despair!
Shimi - thanks, don't you love the "mistranslation" hyuk :D We had several really good performances your compliment does serve to make us fluff our feathers a bit (no pun intended).
all I knw is that we had a blast!
9:44 a.m.
Hey sim - you're only a few days away from suburban utopia my love. SO don't despair!
Shimi - thanks, don't you love the "mistranslation" hyuk :D We had several really good performances your compliment does serve to make us fluff our feathers a bit (no pun intended).
all I knw is that we had a blast!
9:45 a.m.
hey ipshi
you might already know about it..if not thought you might like to attend.
A friend of a friend is arranging it.
Indian Classical music performances at UofT
http://www.raagmala.ca/upcomingevents.html
2:42 p.m.
Hey Ipshi,
I was sitting in my NYC apartment and I was trying to find a daal recipe on the web to ease my homesickness and craving for desi food(anything to proscrastinate and avoid contracts law reading), when I came across you website! I read some of your posts and really felt even more homesick!
Well I just wanted to say hi!
love,
Shammari
8:33 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home