Looking Barewards
In first year, when I was seriously misguided and thought I wanted to do a double major in Economics and International Relations, my IR prof was this Irish, pudgy old man with wild white hair who wore the most deliciously coloured plaid shirts, i.e. yellow and green, purple and pink etc., and always arrived for our class huffing and puffing as if he'd almost forgotten he had to be there. He'd then quickly organize the odd assortment of ruffled papers clutched in his hand, and begin our lectures by saying something like "good morning my little cabbages" with a flourish. From the first moment, I was in love.
There is something about odd, geeky eccentric types that I find terribly endearing. Like my philosophy prof, but that's a story for another day.
So, I am sorry, my little cabbages, for not writing sooner. You see, I sort of went crazy, being unemployed with a handy dandy credit line, traipsed all over the place and had a gay ole time. It was like somebody had let me out of jail or something--it certainly felt very liberating. At First. My perspective has now changed drastically.
My exams end on the 20th--my last day as a student. Why is this important you ask? Because on December 21st, say I am filling out one of those blasted online forms you have to fill out whenever you're trying to get anything for free. Under Occupation they only let you choose "Student" or "Salary x". They don't have a choice like "Still Looking" or "Was JUST a Student" or "Not YET Working but Hoping to make x". This is representative of my status in society's eyes people! They WILL NOT KNOW what kind of spam to send me, and probably send me suggestions on how to enhance certain body parts which I do not have; actually come to think of it they would probably do that anyway but let us not loose focus! They will not know because I will be UNCATEGORIZEABLE! A completely useless freeloader. Wiling away my time doing nothing, achieving nothing. This is not funny! I am terrified our of my wits! What if no one hires me, ever. The thought is too painful. I have been having nightmares.
Let's see, what else is up. Oh, I may not be going to BD this winter after all because of all the hullabaloo going on down there. My folks think I should postpone my trip because I will be leading a purposely undriven life anyway, and will probably have all the free time in the world for god knows how long! Okay, okay, I lie--I will be doing some publicity work for some organizations, but I'll be doing it for free (because I am stupid) so it doesn't count. But you know what I mean. And you also know how paranoid I can get; my imagination has brought up a whole slew of scenarios of how I could encounter a painful death were I to go to Dhaka at this time so, I'm not yet sure of what I'm going to be doing.
I am trying to sell/give away all my furniture (which is not a lot) but all about 6 months old, mostly from IKEA, before I move to Ottawa. So if you know anyone who would like my stuff please tell them they can have it, just take em off my hands in the next 3 weeks.
A ton of stuff going on in my life, but I won't bore you with all that conventional crap. Mwahs until next time!

2 Comments:
You're moving to Ottawa of all places... Why? It's the most boring city in the province! Even Kingston is better! Anway, if you're looking for a job in Ottawa be prepared to know French. I'm sure you already know that though...
Ottawa... The good thing will be that you'll have plenty of hilarious posts to write when you go to Ottawa. Can't wait to read those too! ;p
10:49 a.m.
Ah, the silly things we do for love...
Listen. Ottawa can be a happening place too, OK? (I'm sure it can {I hope...})
10:40 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home