Growing Young
They accepted my transfer credits! This means that in approx. 2 months I will never, ever, ever have to go to school again! Have I mentioned how much I loathe and detest academia? Doubly loathsome are musicians (indian classical) who get a PhD in music and then boast about it as if it somehow makes them a better musician. *seethes* Watched an old-gold hindi movie a few weeks ago called Kala Bazaar. Among the many fantastic and nuanced scenes, at one point someone says "I realized after completing my Masters, that I hadn't yet learnt anything," (wah, wah, wah!) and then he starts on what he feels is "real" learning. Too bad they don't make movies like that anymore...
I got retainers recently and have been laughed at by all my friends. Thanks guys, it's nice to know that I have such an understanding and compassionate support system.
S promised that we will get me a kitten when I move; he's been researching them (breeds, food, health, mental well being, etc.) which is his way. Even though he thinks animals/pets are the spawns of the devil! I then said, but that makes one more thing to clean, I don't want one anymore. So then he completely floored me by saying it's OK, if you really want it, I'll do the cleaning (!!!). I don't about you guys, and maybe this is because we've been together for way too long, but I found that very sweet. I mean forget the chocolates (which he still manages to surprise me with) but now it's like: "Oh Love! You cleaned the cat litter box for me! I love you too." It's sick! SICK I tell you!
I made a traditional iftari a few days ago. I felt it would be absolutely blasphemous to be making iftari and having it without having fasted--it felt very wrong, somehow-- so I also fasted that day. See? Aren't you proud? I made chhola, piyaju and beguni and S made fruit chat. It was delish! I felt very accomplished.

3 Comments:
Eid Mubarak..
Sweet of S to offer to clean up but kittens can grow quickly into cats and lot of work. Atleast with fish u only gotta clean once a month and they can go without food for a week so u can go to Cancun for a holiday. Cats - no such luck.
The best thing is when ppl have a credit in South Asian studies and thinks they know all there is to know about South Asia.
10:21 a.m.
Hey, you haven't posted in like years! (sorry months) Hope you're okay! Can't wait to read your funny posts again.
10:42 p.m.
hey! I know! Who knew you coudl be so busy when you're unemployed?? I'll post soon, promise. And thanks for coming by :)
11:31 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home