Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Stick it to The Man!

Okay. So during my almost fatal teeth troubles in August I deferred one of my summer school examinations, to be written during december exams. I assumed of course that I would be writing it with this semester's class as is usually the case. But ofcourse, this is me we're talkign about, so why would it be anything as straightforward as that?

In trying to figure out when the exam is scheduled, I notice to my utmost horror that the examination timetable doesn't list the bloody course! So I email the Undergraduate Secretary and she's like oh, I don't know anything, you should contact that class's prof. So I email said prof. I find out last week that this semester's prof has kindly decided to not hold an exam for her class. So, I'm like, great, but what the hell happens to me? She tells me to contact the Undergratuate Secretary (again) who this time tells me oh your old prof made up a special exam for you (why the hell didn't you tell me this the first time I emailed you, you brain-dead turkey's butt!?!). I write back saying, hey that's great but when the hell do I write it? And she goes, Oh you'll have to contact so and so to figure that out... what the fuck? I'm just trying to find out when and where my bloody exam is--why must it be so difficult? All this because my stupid college, despite having three whole months to do it, cannot figure out how to mail me a bloody notification?

I don't know about other universities, but U of T is beauraucratic it makes me insane. I understand that you're, you know, Canada's largest "premier" research university, everybody thinks you're cool, and you're employees are unionized so basically students are treated like crap, but do you have to make it this obvious? Do you have to make me hate you this much? I really would have liked to finish university with sparkly-eyed wonder at my glorius alma mater, mirrorring the feelings of so many in Enid Blyton's books, but that is so not going to be the case. Thanks for ruining it for me U of T.

The only thing that incites a kind of jealous pride when it comes to U of T is when I run into York'ers. Besides the fact that they always seem to be partying and never seem to be pworried about school work (which is all you hear about when you're hangin around U of T'ers), if you read somethign that qualifies as a "B" essay at York, your eyes would fall out of your head. I'm serious! And they advertise themselves on the subway, like LAKEHEAD for gods sake! Nedd I say more?

8 Comments:

Blogger Asif said...

This is college, where you're supposed to take care of yourself. Aita ki high school paiso naki that u're teachers will spoon feed you and your parents will be on your case to make sure u're doing u're work properly?

2:17 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomra - mane UT students-ra - eto is-snobbish! "Ooooh, we UT people are so much better than those York people. And they advertise on the subway. Ohmygawd. Like - Oh-MY-GAWD - on the SUBWAY..." Shame shame puppy shame. Bangladesh-e beshi din na ashle eitai hoi.

Sadness.

12:32 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

sb, u know, you do the valleygirl thing much better than me.

:P

6:19 a.m.

 
Blogger goBgoB said...

ab this is totally unrelated! khamakha chance peye jhari marteso.

6:20 a.m.

 
Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

ipshi - told u u shoulda gone to mac. so much better and nicer and prettier. and the administration there is good too. MUCH better than u of t ;-)

8:06 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't expect anything else from any kind of administration.

I had to laugh at the first comment, ouch! :)

--Ripa

11:02 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teehee... i'm having too much fun reading your blogs.. how come i didn't know about this you bafoon!

~Natz

12:42 p.m.

 
Blogger The Bengali Fob said...

Lol! Hilarious post! i can almost feel the anger you must have built up over the incident especially while noticing those York-ers partying it up... No, seriously I was laughing like crazy!

Anywho, too bad I'm a 'tad' too late on commenting on this. Keep up the blogs!

9:03 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home