Oh, How I Crave the Simple Life!
So, I've been having a great time, albiet slightly stressed out.
My work is a seven minute walk from St. Lawrence Farmer's Market. So every week I make a trip down there on my lunches to do some of my grocery shopping. I swear everything there is twice the size! Anyhow, a coworker suggested a brilliant place there, St. Urbain's who make their bagels in a brick oven! These montreal-style beauties are delicious!
Anywho, all the fresh veggies inspired me to have SOMETHING vegggie-like, be it a salad, or an orange, or some form of bhaji, with every meal. You'll be proud to know that I have been for the past two weeks! In fact, last night with dinner I had a side of raw brocolli! I am so many kinds of cool right now.
I have also in the past few weeks tried my hand (finally) at making fish--the right way--masalafied, fried, and garnished to perfection! So far I've tried tilapia and pomfret. Once I got some "live tilapia" from chinatown and the guy fished out one from the tank, thwacked it on the head with a mallot, cleaned, cut, and wrapped it for me with nary the blink of an eye! I was amazed at the performance, I almost wanted to clap!
(Momi and Siy, both pakis, liked my fish ranna which is like the Giller Prize for fish, people.) I am hesitant to buy ilish/rui/pabda as they can only be bought frozen. But maybe I shall cave one of these days.
So you see, I have become throughly domesticated as result of having to be a career woman for most of the day.
How do people balance doing so many things in their lives? I'm having a hell of a time trying to fit school, work, chores, music in. Everytime I have a few hours it seems I need to do laundry--wtf?
For the past little while, every so often I get an intense urge to express myself in writing. Feelings manifest themselves in images and metaphors, but I never have the time to really explore them, to write them down, to ponder. I hope life slows down a little, someday soon.

4 Comments:
I can understand. I am so addicted to meat, it's only recently that I've been eating some kind of salad (usually tomato) with my meals. To me, a sprinkling of lemon with beef/chicken/mutton counts as a vegetable. :P
I am also a big fan of fish and sea food in general these days. I love Tilapia fish, it's so delicious when fried.
Mmmmm, now I"m hungry.
--Ripa
6:52 a.m.
slow down?? u want life to slow down? seems to me u're doing it all, and doing it right :D way to go, super woman!
my mouth is salivatign for those bagels u mentioned.
- sim
8:16 a.m.
Rips - I love fish too, and I got tired of having it only 2 or 3 times a year (when I visited the folks).
Sim - when u come to toronto let's go have bagels at the market, it will be fun :) if you're into that, i dno...
1:45 p.m.
ipshi - u got urself a date! :D
2:26 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home