Of things that bug, puzzle, excite, amaze and inspire me.

Monday, September 20, 2004

How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Count The Ways

Love makes us put our loved ones in very trying situations. We make impossible demands and expect them to be met, when we know someone loves us. I just hope I never push it too much.

Went to another Shibir this past weekend. Geez, what is that?! Like the tenth Shibir this summer?! I don't even know how I'm going to come up with the money to pay for it. I need to find a job, fast. When I think back and read over this blog, I realise I've been living and breathing music for a large part of the summer this year...and it kind of boggles the mind because I still feel as if I'm incapable of devoting as much time/energy/effort into it as I should and want to because of more practical responsibilities. Anyhoomagoo, had a blast. We learnt this Gat in Raag Bageshree set to Rupak Taal and, My God! It's so beautiful and so simple at the same time. To think, Ustadji just composed it 2 weeks ago, and the amount of material that he just came up with over the weekend and taught us over the past four days... it's just humbling man. Seema's usual comment when we're particularly blown away by some piece of good music, "What's the point Ipshi? We're never going to be that good!" rings true in some ways, but I find myself even more inspired and awed on such occassions, at the immense beauty and intense emotions that can be invoked through something as simple as a piece of wood, a pumkin and metal (what a sitar is made of). Rather than being despaired I find myself thinking, what's the point of doing anything else when something so intoxicating exists?

1 Comments:

Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

good for u ipshi! we all need our passions! :D

10:48 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home