Come Away With Me and I'll Never Stop Lovin' You
I'm back home! The last two days have been spent spring cleaning. I like to think I've been a pretty clean and organized person for the past year but, as the 10+ hours I've spent in throwing out stuff proves, there's no way to avoid this annual annoyance.
Since school starts on Thursday and I was in need of some kind of an update on my decor in order to set the mood for a new beginning, a new year, I went Back-To-School shopping today and bought a handsome little bookshelf, and a mirror (finally!) that I can practice Sitar in front of. The last few hours were spent reorganising, putting together, placing the new and old stuff, and the results are quite satisfying. I think I'm ready. Bring it on you stiff, old, snobby UofT profs!!!
I shopped like crazy in NJ, by my standards atleast. The arrival home was bittersweet. Gone was the home-cooked heavenly food... I came home to Lipton's Sidekicks Spicy Tomato Pasta and Al-Safa Chicken Nuggets, however this bastardous dinner went almost unnoticed because I was so darned happy to be home again *sappy grin*.
The Good News is that I got a B+ and a B on my two summer school courses. How I did this after missing 50% of the former and 75% of the latter's lectures, is still beyond me. But I did it.
The Bad News I am faced with another dilemma. I shall put it briefly:
* First day of Class is Thursday, Sept. 9th.
* Ustadji plays a concert in Washington on Friday, New York on Saturday. Following which there is a workshop with him on Saturday and Sunday.
* Anwar and Seema are going. They will probably leave on Wednesday, or maybe Thursday during the day.
Hence, you see my problem. What do you think I'm going to do? UFF! You know which way I'm leaning, obviously. Why does the world have to make it so goddamn hard for me to be a good girl?! I don't wanna miss my first day :S

1 Comments:
go now, so that later on during the middle of term if another concert comes up, and u have to (yes, you HAVE to) miss it then :D, you wont' regret it so much :)
good solution, no?
6:27 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home